Ask GWC header image

Our Best Answer - What is counseling?


 The Counseling Department is dedicated to assisting students to achieve success in their academic, career, and life goals in an inclusive environment that embraces the diversity of our students and community. Our professionally trained counselors are available to assist you with clarifying career and educational goals, educational planning and course selection, university transfer, and personal counseling. 

Students currently taking courses at GWC have priority for counseling appointments. Appointments are scheduled on a weekly basis every Thursday. Please call 714-895-8799 or visit the Counseling Office to schedule your appointment.

Comprehensive student educational plans (SEP) require an appointment. If you have transcripts from a previous institution you must notify the Counseling Center at the time of scheduling your appointment and have your official transcripts on file so they can be evaluated prior to your appointment time. If you are required to have an SEP for a financial aid appeal, please contact the Financial Aid Office for an appointment with a financial aid counselor.

If you are not a currently enrolled student you will be referred to see a counselor during Express Counseling. Express Counseling availability varies and is limited. Please contact the Counseling Center.

Rate this response image

Having trouble finding your answer?

top ten questions image